Day 01. CUSCO - PILCOPATA
DAY 1: we leave Cusco very early in the morning hour: 5:30-6:00 a.m. gathering people of the hotel in our special bus. On the way we visit the funeral towers or Chullpas of Ninamarca 3750msnm and a short visit to Paucartambo village folk, colonial bridge. We go to the zone high of Paucartambo, Acjanaco is the point of maximum height to 4000 msnm. Then we went through the mysterious forest of clouds, which conserves a variety of flora and fauna is full of beautiful orchids, heliconias and primitive ferns. We conclude with a walk to observe the cock-of-the-rock (Rupicola peruviana) in the courtship of mating. There are also likely to see trogons (Trogon SP.), quetzals, monkeys and the only bear in South America, the spectacled bear (Tremarctos ornatus), etc. In the afternoon we arrive at the hostel, in Pilcopata (550 m) in our typical hostel in the area with hot water in the showers and bathroom.
Day 02. PILCOPATA, ATALAYA, BOCA MANU, OTORONGO
DAY 2: After the esquicito breakfast we continue with our of 45 minutes bus ride to atalaya during port appreciate coca plantations, fruit trees and orchids, we go by the alto Madre de Dios River in motorized boat travel can obs preserve a large variety of birds, kingfishers, herons, hawks, parrots, parrots, and always the presence of the vultures of which the most impressive is the condor of the forest, the King of the vultures (Sarcoramphus papa) and the Jaguar (Panther Onca) have a break in mouth Manu (280 m) and then a short stop at the guardian management parks (LIMONAL surveillance post). The journey continues boat and one begins to realize why Manu is so popular for his wild life. To the edge of the river you can see a wide variety of turtles, caimans (Caiman cocodrylus) or perhaps some capybara (Hydrochaeris, hidrochaeris), etc. In the afternoon we moved to our camp safari in Lake Otorongo
Day 03. OTORONGO LAGOON, SALVADOR LAGOON
DAY 3: A group of people visit Cocha Salvador, located 30 minutes from the Otorongo Cocha and explore with a walk within the Primate virgin forest, also visited the Lake to paddle quietly in a catamaran which gives us the opportunity to observe the Wolves of l River and a variety of very rare birds, cock sultana (Porphyrula Martinique or the Agami Heron (seen), and monkeys of different species almost seen 9 species. Later we walk along a small path next to the Guide to learn the secrets of the rainforest. In the evening return to our camp at Cocha Otorongo, night camp on platforms with roof, beds with mosquito net showers, bathrooms and a short hike.
Day 04. OTOROGO LAGOON, BOCA MANU, PUERTO MALDONADO
DAY 4: In the early hours of the morning, the continuous group your trip by the Manu River with a time of approximately 7 hours and then the bus takes approximately 4 hours. We return to Puerto Maldonado in the brief tour visit Cocha brasco to observe giant otters.
Day 05. PUERTO MALDONADO, CUSCO
DAY 5: We go to cusco, depending on the time of flight, usually Cusco can be reached at 1 pm.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for this 4 days tambopata tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 1 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 4 pairs of socks
- 4 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 2 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 4 short sleeve shirts
- winter jacket and shell
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.