Day 01. PUERTO MALDONADO - BOCA MANU
DAY 1: Pick up from the airport in Puerto Maldonado, to take you by bus to the Colorado village approximately 4 hours later we embark a motor boat for an approximate of 5 hours to Boca Manu (280 m.s.n.m.) or tile. Later a walk to explore the various trails around the ecolodge where we will spend the night. Ecolodge with showers and shared bathrooms.
Day 02. BOCA MANU, OTORONGO LAGOON
DAY 2: After breakfast we enter the reserve area where we will have a better opportunity to observe wildlife offered by the manu, a brief stop in the control of park rangers (Limonal). The boat trip continues and it is easy to see why Manu is so famous for its wildlife. On the banks of the river it is possible to see groups of turtles, white alligators or perhaps some capybaras and many more. In the afternoon we arrive to our safari camp in Cocha Otorongo. Afterwards we organize a walk to visit the lake and the observation tower of 30 meters from where we have the opportunity to observe the river wolves. In this part of the Manu the animals have never suffered persecution of hunting by men. Night in camp with showers and shared bathrooms.
Day 03. OTORONGO LAGOON, SALVADOR LAGOON
DAY 3: Today we head to Cocha Salvador, which is 30 minutes from Cocha Otorongo. we will walk inside the virgin primary forest, we visit the lagoon to paddle silently in a catamaran that gives us the possibility to observe the giant otter again and a great variety of birds and monkeys of different species almost safely observed around 8 species. Later we walked on the main trails with the guide to learn the operation and secrets of the tropical forest. In the afternoon we return to our camp in Cocha Otorongo. Night in camp on platforms with roof. Optional night walk.
Day 04. MANU PARK, BLANQUILLO (Macaw Clay lick)
DAY 4: After a delicious breakfast we continue with our trip in the imposing Manu park and Madre de Dios River, we will have a brief visit to Brasco lagoon to observe giant otters, we continue our trip by boat until we reach the ecolodge that is very close to the impressive Collpa de Macaws, where we will have a walk to explore the various trails. Where we will spend the night, Night in ecolodge with private bathrooms
Day 05. BLANQUILLO (Macaw Clay lick), LIMA (or Cusco bus arriving 9pm Approx)
DAY 5: This day we say goodbye to the jungle, after a delicious and nutritious breakfast, we will continue with our itinerary traveling by boat to observe the macaw clay lick that we will observe from a platform or catamaran typical of the area, an incredible show of macaw birds of great variety Then we will take the boat to Puerto Colorado approximately 3 hours and then take the vehicles for 4 hours to Puerto Maldonado. Overnight in 3 star hotel. OPTIONAL: passengers who wish to return by bus continue until Cusco arriving Approximate 9 pm. or return by plane 5 or 6pm. Port -Lima.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for this 4 days tambopata tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 1 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 4 pairs of socks
- 4 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 2 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 4 short sleeve shirts
- winter jacket and shell
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.