Day 01. CUSCO - PAUCARTAMBO - PILCOPATA
Day 02. PILCOPATA, ATALAYA, BOCA MANU, OTORONGO
DAY 2: After breakfast we continue our travel 45 minutes by bus to port of Watchtower on the way we see coca plantations and fruit trees and orchids, embark on boat powered by high river Madre de Dios, on the way we can see a variety of birds, such as herons, kingfishers and always the presence of the vultures of which the most spectacular is the condor of the forest, the King of the vultures (Sarcoramphus papa) and the Jaguar (Panther Onca) have a stop in Boca Manu (280 m) and then brief stop in guardaparquez (place of surveillance LIMONAL) control. The boat trip continues and one begins to see why Manu is as famous for his wild life. On the banks of the river there are groups of turtles, caimans (Caiman cocodrylus) or perhaps some capybara (Hydrochaeris, hidrochaeris) and many more. In the afternoon we arrive to our camp safari in Cocha Otorongo (250 m) (Beds double inside d...)
Day 03. OTORONGO LAGOON, SALVADOR LAGOON
DAY 3: The group visit today Cocha Salvador, located 30 minutes from the Cocha Otorongo. Today, explore walking into virgin forest, visited the Lake to paddle silently in a catamaran which gives us the opportunity to observe the Wolves of the river again and a variety of strange birds, sultana cock (Porphyrula Martinique or the) Garza Agami (seen) and monkeys of different species almost shows 9 species. Later we walked on the main trails with a guide to learn the operation and the secrets of the rainforest. In the afternoon we return to our camp at Cocha Otorongo. Overnight at camp in platforms with roof. Beds with mosquito net showers and bathrooms available. Optional night walk.
Day 04. OTOROGO LAGOON, BOCA MANU
Very early in the morning, the group will visit the Macaw collpa which is located in the Salvadorcillo stream, then we return by the Manu river observing the biodiversity in the National Park Manu, reakizamos a brief visit to Laguna Brasco to observe giant otters. Night in ecolodge. With bathrooms and showers.
Day 05. BOCA MANU - CUSCO
DAY 5: We continue back by boat on the Alto Madre de Dios river. On the way we have again the option of seeing many birds and likewise with very lucky animals. This day is very sad because we have to leave our wonderful jungle full of mysteries and return by boat to Atalaya then we travel by bus to Cusco on the way we can observe the Cloud Forest again, with immense variety of flora and fauna. And arrive at the city at 8:00 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for this 4 days tambopata tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 1 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 4 pairs of socks
- 4 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 2 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 4 short sleeve shirts
- winter jacket and shell
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.