Day 01. IQUITOS - NANAY PORT - AMAZON RIVER
Morning hours departure from Iquitos Town via auto to reach in the port village of Nanay (Bellavista), where in fact the Rio Nanay meets the Rio Amazonas. After departing by boat we will travel and leisure downriver 70 KM (about 2 hours). Through the riverboat trip we could have a great likelihood of finding caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and several different species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Monkey Island - a tiny island about a quarter-hour from the Maniti Lodge, which shelters a sizable number of monkeys within their natural habitat. Throughout your go to on the island you should have the unique possibility to observe and connect to a multitude of monkeys that contain: Sloth, Goeldi’s monkey, Tamarin monkey, Capuchin monkey, Yellow-Handed Titi monkey, Masked Titi monkey, Cebidae monkey, Wooly monkey, Squirrel monkey, Spider monkey, South American Coati monkey, and more! Along with the many species of monkeys you will need to chance to hold large Anacondas, Boas and connect to the unique and exceptional Amazonian mata-mata turtle. At Monkey Island we may also check out alligators, turtles, toucans, macaws, parrots, etc.
Dolphin watching program at the camp where we could have the unique possibility to start to see the pink freshwater dolphin. If we happen to be lucky we may also have the opportunity to swim with them on the key Amazon River.
At night we will embark on a nocturnal nature hike to find what forms of species is seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys).
Overnight at Maniti Lodge
Day 02. AMAZON RIVER EXPLORATION - MANITI LODGE
We will get started our day early, getting up in time to start to see the sunrise above the Amazon River, and we will keep the camp to be on a good animal observation excursion (via boat) where we could have the possibility to see numerous kinds of nature.
Afternoon angling excursion via boat with possibility to capture piranha, catfish & other species of fish.
Looking at of Victoria Regia - the major freshwater aquatic plant on the globe.
After sunset we will continue an excursion via canoe to identify and catch caiman, we could have the possibility to hold, touch, and take photographs with the caiman.
Overnight at Maniti Lodge
Day 03. VISIT AMAZON TRIBE, BACK TO IQUITOS CITY
Early in the morning, walk in the jungle where we will have the unique opportunity to see a lot of monkeys, birds and many other wild animals in their natural habitat. We will also see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants.
Departure from Lodge to the city of Iquitos.
Visit with a local native indigenous tribe to learn and observe about history and its customs.
Transfer to the airport / hotel, end of service.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for a 3 days jungle tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- 1 Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- 1 pair or water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 2 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 1 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 3 short sleeve shirts
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.