Day 01. IQUITOS - AMAZON RIVER - PACAYA SAMIRIA RESERVE
Morning hours departure from Iquitos Metropolis via exclusive auto to arrive on the port town of Nauta (1:30 hours). Breakfast served.
Departure in personal motorboat we will travelling upriver, passing the spectacular appointment of 2 key rivers (Ucayali & Marañon) which come together to create the Amazon River.
Upstream boating in the Marañabout River in to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve (50 miles SW / approximately 2 hours . 5 from Nauta).
Passenger identification in the reserve’s access check-level. Arrival in the Arequipa village where the camp site will be set.
Lunch will come to be served after arrival.
Watch various species of birds on the way, including egrets, hawks, horned screamers, jacanas, parrots and parakeets. Additionally it is possible to find Amazon River dolphins.
After sunset we will continue an excursion via canoe to identify and catch caiman, we could have the possibility to hold, touch, and take photographs with the caiman.
Come back to Camp for supper.
Overnight in tents in Pacaya Samiria Reserve.
Day 02. PACAYA SAMIRIA RESERVE - SHANSHO LAKE
Morning hours breakfast will be served accompanied by departure campsite. We will cruise the Rio Marañon for approximately 3 time until we reach our vacation spot (Shansho Cocha Lake region). Through the riverboat trip you'll have a great probability of viewing primates, reptiles, turtles, birds, pink river dolphins, and several different species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Arrival for campsite set up and lunch.
A thing that immediately catches our focus is the dark waters of the rivers, which reflects with this identical graphic, the sky, the clouds, the bank’s vegetation, the big trees, that the visitors have the feeling of vacationing between mirrors; that is why the Pacaya Samiria is normally many times known as the “jungle of the mirrors”.
Afternoon angling for piranha, peacock bass and other species of seafood in the reserve.
We will go back to camp to have evening meal.
Immediately after dinner we will embark on a nighttime nature walk to see what forms of species is seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys).
Overnight in Tents found in Pacaya Samiria Reserve.
Day 03. PACAYA SAMIRIA - IQUITOS CITY
We will have an early on morning breakfast and plan our last excursion in to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. After our morning hours excursion we will get back in to camp to possess lunch time and pack our belonging and produce our in the past to metropolis of Iquitos. Through the riverboat trip back again to Iquitos you'll have a great probability of viewing caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and several additional species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Go to to IIAP (Instituto de Investigación de la Amazonía good Peruana), where you might be able to go to with manatees and fresh drinking water dolphins which may have been rescued from the Amazon and so are being rehabilitated.
Private transportation to enable you to get to the airport or your hotel of preference.
End of service.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for a 3 days jungle tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- 1 Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- 1 pair or water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 2 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 1 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 3 short sleeve shirts
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.