Day 01. IQUITOS - NANAY PORT - AMAZON RIVER
Morning hours departure from Iquitos Metropolis via auto to reach in the port community of Nanay (Bellavista), where in fact the Rio Nanay meets the Rio Amazonas. After departing by boat we will travelling downriver 70 KM (about 2 hours). Through the riverboat trip we could have a great likelihood of discovering caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and several additional species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Monkey Island - a tiny island about a quarter-hour from the Maniti Lodge, which shelters a sizable number of monkeys within their natural habitat. Throughout your go to on the island you should have the unique possibility to observe and connect to a multitude of monkeys that involve: Sloth, Goeldi’s monkey, Tamarin monkey, Capuchin monkey, Yellow-Handed Titi monkey, Masked Titi monkey, Cebidae monkey, Wooly monkey, Squirrel monkey, Spider monkey, South American Coati monkey, and more! Along with the many species of monkeys you will need to chance to hold large Anacondas, Boas and connect to the unique and exceptional Amazonian mata-mata turtle. At Monkey Island we may also observe alligators, turtles, toucans, macaws, parrots, etc.
Dolphin watching program at the camp where we could have the unique possibility to start to see the pink freshwater dolphin. If we happen to be lucky we may also have the opportunity to swim with them on the key Amazon River.
At night we will embark on a nocturnal nature hike to check out what forms of species is seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys).
Overnight at Maniti Lodge
Day 02. AMAZON RIVER EXPLORATION - MANITI LODGE
We will get started our day early, getting up in period to start to see the sunrise above the Amazon River, and we will keep the camp to be on a creature observation excursion (via boat) where could have the possibility to see pairs numerous kinds of nature.
Afternoon angling excursion via boat with possibility to capture piranha, catfish & other species of fish.
Looking at of Victoria Regia - the most significant freshwater aquatic plant on earth.
After sunset we will continue an excursion via canoe to identify and catch caiman, we could have the possibility to hold, touch, and take photographs with the caiman.
Overnight at Maniti Lodge
Day 03. MANITI LODGE, PALO ALTO LOOKOUT
Morning jungle hike 50 minutes to “Palo Alto”.
The initial attraction “Palo Alto Mirador” is a lookout point which has 3 distinct observation deck levels. Below friends have a birds-eye viewpoint of the lowland Peruvian Amazon from 5, 10, and 15 meters above ground. Here we could have the possibility to spend the night time with excellent prospects to observe numerous species of wildlife within their natural habitat.
Daytime exploration of the region which includes hiking, canoe drive in lagoon, fishing (based on request from passenger).
At night we will embark on a nighttime nature walk to discover what forms of species is seen (reptiles, spiders, monkeys).
Overnight at best observation deck of Palo Alto (establishing a tent or found in hammocks).
Day 04. MANITI LODGE AMAZON RIVER TO IQUITOS CITY
Morning hours jungle hike where we could have the unique possibility to see a multitude of monkeys, birds, and several other wildlife within their all natural habitat. We may also see and find out about numerous kinds of Amazonian plants.
Departure from Maniti Lodge with vacation spot Iquitos City.
Visit with an area native Indian tribe to understand and observe about record and their customs.
Upon arrival to Iquitos we will go to the market of Belen.
Non-public Canoe ride through the floating market of Belén, on the edge of the Itaya River.
Transfer to airport/resort, end of service.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Iquitos and arrive back in?
Arriving by Plane?
- We can start the tour at anytime for flights arriving to Iquitos from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- For peope arriving later than 3:00 pm we will start tour the next day pick up from your desired hotel around 9:00 a.m
Already in Iquitos?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 9:00 a.m
What time are we back to Iquitos?
- This 4 days tour end around 1:00 pm on last day to our office, we can drop you off to airport at anytime from 1 pm to 5 pm people that are already in a hotel we will drop you off at the end of the tour
What to bring for this 4 days tambopata tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 1 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 4 pairs of socks
- 4 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 2 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 4 short sleeve shirts
- winter jacket and shell
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.