Day 01. CUSCO - PILCOPATA
DAY 1: We leave Cusco in the morning Time: 5:30 - 6:00 a.m. I meet the hotel on our comfortable bus. On the way we visit the funerary towers or Chullpas de Ninamarca at 3750 masl and brief visit to Paucartambo, a folkloric town, a colonial bridge. We ascend to the upper area of Paucartambo. Acjanaco is the highest point at 4000 meters above sea level. Then we descend through the mysterious cloud forest, which houses a wide variety of flora and fauna full of beautiful orchids, heliconias and primitive ferns. We made a walk to appreciate the Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola peruviana) in the mating ritual. There is also possibility of observing Trogones (Trogón sp.), Quetzals, monkeys and the only bear of South America, the spectacled bear (Tremarctos ornatus). In the afternoon we will arrive at our lodge, in Pilcopata (550 m.n.m.) in our typical hostel in the area with hot water in the showers and private bathroom.
Day 02. PILCOPATA, ATALAYA, BOCA MANU
DAY 2: After the delicious breakfast we continue our journey 45 minutes by bus to the watchtower port. On the way we observe coca plantations and fruit trees. We embark on a motorized boat along the Madre de Dios river. On the way we can observe a great variety of birds, such as herons, Kingfisher and always the presence of vultures of which the most spectacular is the condor of the jungle, the king of the vultures (Sarcoramphus papa) and the Jaguar (Pantera Onca) we also have a stop in natural hot waters, to take medicinal baths, if we still have time we visit the Native community of Diamante to see their typical constructions of houses and see the wild fruits that they have. In the afternoon we arrive at the village of Boca Manu (280 m.s.), where we have the accommodation. Hostel with showers and bathrooms.
Day 03. BOCA MANU, OTORONGO LAGOON
DAY 3: After breakfast we enter the reserve area where we will have a better opportunity to observe the biodiversity that the manu offers, a brief stop in the control of park rangers. The boat trip continues and one begins to realize why Manu is so famous for his wildlife. On the banks of the river there are groups of turtles, white alligators (Cayman cocodrylus) or perhaps some ronsocos (Hydrochoerus, hydrochaeris) and many more. In the afternoon we arrive at our safari camp in Cocha Otorongo, (250 masl) (double beds inside platforms) shortly after we organize a walk to visit the lake and the observation tower of 30 meters from where we have the opportunity to observe the river wolves. Here in the Manu the animals have never suffered hunting persecution by men. Night in safari camp on platforms with roof double beds with mosquito net. Showers and shared bathrooms.
Day 04. OTORONGO LAGOON, SALVADOR LAGOON
DAY 4: The group visits Cocha Salvador today which is 30 minutes away from Cocha Otorongo. Nowadays they explore walking in the virgin primary forest, We visit the lake to paddle silently in a catamaran that gives us the possibility to observe the wolves of the river again and a great variety of strange birds and monkeys of different species almost surely we can see 9 species . Later we walked on the main trails with the guide to learn the operation and secrets of the tropical forest. In the afternoon we return to our camp in Cocha Otorongo. Night in camp on platforms with roof. Beds with mosquito net Showers and shared bathrooms available. Optional night walk.
Day 05. OTOROGO LAGOON, BLANQUILLO (Macaw Clay lick)
DAY 5: After a delicious breakfast we continue with our trip in the imposing National Park of Manu in the Madre de Dios River, until we reach the ecolodge that is very close to the impressive Collpa de Guacamayos, where we will have a walk to explore the different trails around the forest where we will spend the night, Night in ecolodge with private bathrooms.
Day 06. BLANQUILLO, PUERTO MALDONADO
DAY 6: After a delicious and nutritious breakfast, we will continue with our itinerary traveling by boat to observe the Macaw Clay Lick to observe them from a platform or a catamaran typical of the area a great show of colorful birds, great variety, then we will take the boat to port colored approximately 3 hours and then we will take the vehicles to Puerto Carlo, (optional) passengers who want to come by bus continue until Cusco arriving approximately 9 pm on the way we make stops at interesting places to see up close the snowy Ausangate reaching 6300 meters above sea level and we leave at your hotel. And the other passengers who wish to take the flight from Puerto Maldonado continue the trip to the city of Puerto Maldonado. Night in hotel.
Day 07. PUERTO MALDONADO - CUSCO
DAY 7: Transfer from the hotel to the airport, flight from Puerto Maldonado to Cusco depending on the flight time. They usually arrive in Cusco at 1:00 p.m.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Cusco and return to Cusco or Lima by plane?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus from Lima or Puno you must arrive at least one day prior to tour star date, so we can pick you up from your hotel approx from 5:30 to 6:20 am
Arriving by Plane?
- We recomend you to spend at least 1 day to aclimatise to the hight Cusco altitude to rest one day and next day you can start this tour, the pick you time from your hotel will be approx from 5:30 to 6:20 am
Already in Cusco City?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be from 5:30 to 6:20 am approximately
What Time does this tour ends in Cusco?
- Depending on the departure flight from Puerto Maldonado. It usually takes 50 minutes by plane to Cusco and about 2 hours from Puerto Maldonado to Lima.
- The first flight that leaves Puerto Maldonado is around 10:20 am and get to Cusco normally around 12:00 a.m. But usually after 1:00 p.m. to 7pm Approximately.
- The flight to Lima will depend on availability and requires an additional cost upon request.
What to bring for this 7 days Manu park tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- One quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- Water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 1 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 5 pairs of socks
- 5 pieces of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 2 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 2 long sleeve shirts
- 5 short sleeve shirts
- Winter jacket and shell
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- Wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- Snorkel, fins, mask
- Approach or summer hiking boot
- Digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.